The awesome thing about granola is that the rolled oats can be substituted out for quinoa flakes!
We thought we would share this delicious recipe with you all, so you can try it out for yourself.
50 Minute make time. Serves 6 people
- 6 cups of quinoa flakes
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 and a quarter cups of whole chia seeds
- 1 and a half cups of shredded coconut
- 1 and a half cups of chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 and a quarter cups of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- A half cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of agave syrup
- 1 and a half cups of dried cranberries
- Set the oven to 160 degrees
- Add the quinoa, chia, almonds and coconut in a large bowl
- In the same bowl, mix in ginger, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Using a small saucepan, place the coconut oil over a medium heat and watch for about 3 minutes until the oil has melted completely. Place it in the mixture.
- Mix in the almond extract with the agave syrup and add it to the mixture.
- Use a large baking tray and spread the mixture onto a baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the mixture with egg whites
- Leave the mix to bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and stir on a baking sheet.
- Return the mixture to the oven for another 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool
- Add your dried cranberries and Bon appetite!